Dear Lord; Happy Thankful Thursday Father!
I was fried Lord…
And consumed with worry.
As I followed the familiar route into my office earlier this week, my chest tightened while my mind raced; methodically detailing each project and deadline that loomed ahead of me, and allowing those shadowy voices of foreboding to gain audience in my heart.
“It’s not the mountains that you face that are the obstacles Phil, it’s your doubts.” You interrupted…
The world paused for a second; my thoughts held hostage by Your statement…
And then I realized You were right… I’ve been my own tallest mountain.
You know my needs Lord, far better than I do…
And yet, I often view the trials and challenges in my life as if I’m the only one who understands,
As if I’m facing them on my own;
Allowing those whispers of self-doubt to draw me into myself,
And obscuring me from knowing Your loving hand in every facet of my life.
Help me climb that lonely mountain Father;
To scale its craggy face and stand high upon the summit,
Boldly facing all life’s moments in Your steadfast company.
Such is my prayer Lord… In Your precious name,
As I continue to list some of Your many Blessings in my life Father, my heart swells with the recognition of finding Your loving hand in more and more places every day. And while I know that my existence is awash in Your grace Lord, this week I want to give special thanks for:
691. Both my boys having the opportunity to attend Camp Pecometh this summer.
692. An inexpensive repair to our air conditioner.
693. Shannon having a safe flight home from Florida.
694. An inexpensive update to Lightroom 5 that was released last week.
695. A wonderful Father’s Day spent with people I love.
696. Wonderful photo opportunities while walking in Blackbird State Forest last week.
697. Watching the sunrise over Port Mahon this past Saturday morning.
698. Your protecting and healing presence while a friend of ours recovers from surgery that was performed last week.
699. The Histiocytosis groups on Facebook that allow us to share information, encouragement and prayers for other families dealing with LCH.
700. The encouraging comments I’ve been receiving regarding my photography work on 500px.com.
701. Your protecting and comforting hand as I drove through some very severe weather last Thursday.
702. Your patience with me.
703. The opportunity I had to watch and photograph an osprey flying in to feed it’s young at Port Mahon.
704. New glasses for Jonathan.
705. The wonderful message and discussion about living in a state of gratefulness at our “Where Two or Three Are Gathered” Tuesday night small group.
… And for so very much more.
I Thank You Lord.
~Phather PhilPin It
One Response to “Thankful Thursday: My Tallest Mountain”
- Grace Alone… » Blog Archive Thankful Thursday ~ Different Perspective - [...] 11. Fasting and Prayer Go Hand in Hand12. Sarah @ The Fontenot Four13. Sarah – Survivorship14. bp15. Inspirations from …